Pages - Menu

Wednesday 5 March 2014

Don’t Forget What Was Said in Private

“But the Lord God warned him, “You may freely eat the fruit of every tree in the garden— except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat its fruit, you are sure to die.” - Genesis 2:16, 17

“The woman was convinced. She saw that the tree was beautiful and its fruit looked delicious, and she wanted the wisdom it would give her. So she took some of the fruit and ate it. Then she gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it, too.” -Genesis 3:6

& Just like that, Adam forgot what was said in private, in the secret place, where God and him where the only ones.
Doesn’t that happen to you? You pray about something you know what He’s saying to you, you hear Him, you know exactly what He feels for you but as soon as you step out of that secret place you completely forget about what was said between you and Him. I know it has for me, and I never understood why it is so easy to forget the promises and words of love the Father has laid upon our lives and believing the lies of the enemy, the one who wants to destroy you. Why does negativity stick like glue but the positive words of our Father slip off like soap in water?  

It is so easy to see your failures and mistakes, and to see how far you have to still reach your potential and that dream you’ve always wanted. It’s so easy to say “I’m not ready” and for the rest of the world to tell you that you aren’t ready. But why, why on earth are you forgetting what your Heavenly Father tells you every time you fall at his feet?!
 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5
“I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
 “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” Psalm 46:10

“And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name.’” Acts 22:16

Are these not His words to you?! “AND NOW WHY DO YOU WAIT?” That question is one of the questions that can make people stutter like they were Moses, the famous “It’s impossible,” that's when "We forget that IMPOSSIBLE is one of God’s favorite words. Don't let that word get in your way of your dreams!!” -unknown. Or we make excuses and declare all these statements in their lives about how “we aren’t ready.”  And granted some people aren’t ready for a lot of things; newsflash who is really ready for anything?!  And where is the joy in life if you don’t jump of a cliff to the unknown. God will go before you, and if you know that His presence is coming with you, if you and God have had this conversation (only you and him know exactly what conversation it is) then why are you waiting? Why are you forgetting the promises that he has breathed in you. The most crucial part here is, do not confuse your desire for his will. His will, will only lead you to a place of glory, which does not dismiss the fact that there may be bumps on the road, but ultimately it is a place where he can glorify Himself. Your desires may lead you to the wrong places, try to see the bigger picture, but desires and the will of God will be for another post.

We have to renew our minds every day, we cannot forget like Adam what was said in secret. For the person reading this, I know God has spoken to you, and it may not be literally speaking, it may be a dream, a passion in your heart. Those aren’t there for just any reason, don’t be afraid to go and live your dream. Don’t ever tame your spark because others just can’t handle it. The only one that matters has put the spark in you; never tame it. Always keep those God given words in your heart and mostly in your mind. Adam was supposed to be the voice of reason; the light in the darkness, but he forgot the words directly said to him by God and well you know what happens next.

Live in the grace, goodness and love of God. I hope you never forget your tears, laughs, half smiles, serious talks, funny talks, your petitions and your selfish ones (we all have them), your quiet and your “I Can’t Tame This Tongue’ talks in your secret place with God. I hope you never forget His response to you, the silent ones and the ‘This is So Clear’ responses. I hope you never forget the night that Jesus came and wrapped his love around you; only you and He knew exactly how that felt. Don’t forget it, you will need it on the days you most want to live out your dreams.


“All fear removed, I breathe you in, I lean into
 Your love, oh your love”

With Love & Grace- Diana C

No comments:

Post a Comment