Pages - Menu

Friday 28 March 2014

Dotting Your i's And Crossing Your t's

I was in school on Tuesday and a friend of mine always sits on the left side, so he came he sat down took out his laptop and asked "Your not a *insert certain Christian denomination* are you?" First of all I never told him I was a Christian, he sort of just noticed it the first week of school and he's an agnostic. We became the best of buddies, I had questions and so did he, it was great making friends to someone like him. I said "No I'm not, why?" And he said something that impacted me so much that I was speechless.

It went like this:
"Well these ladies came to me wanting to talk about Jesus Christ, I mean that's cool but I wasn't interested, I learn that from you haha, but they insisted, I said no a couple of times and then they where like "You HAVE TO!!" And I said, "hold up I don't have to hear you, I don't think your Jesus would have made me hear him so why are you?" But I get it Diana, if I believed in someone like Jesus I wouldn't keep him to myself, if I believed in something so strong and with such grace, I would want to tell everyone too but Diana why do they want to shove it down peoples throats? You never had to tell me you were Christian but your actions, they speak. Words are such nonsense, we don't need more words, we need action. Why do Christian do that? Your deeds won't earn you a place in heaven. They don't share Jesus for the love they have for him but to earn something in return, they are dotting their i's and crossing their t's to earn heaven"

I seriously wanted to stand up and applaud and say amen brother! It seems we are more afraid of hell than our belief in the one who conquered it. Are your actions because you want an A+ in Christianity? Non believers notice your true intentions don't think you can fool people. Are you dotting your i's and crossing your t's to perfection? We believe in Jesus, not to be perfect and to earn a heavenly place. But because we adore the life out of a man who came down from his kingdom to save us! The man who wore a crown of thorns, the one that could easily call down fire from the sky while on the cross but instead said "Father forgive them for they do not know what they do" That's why we serve him and share him! Not push him down the throats of people. Serve him for the right reasons not to earn a spot on His good list. What are your intentions?

-With Love & Grace, Diana C

P.S. Michelle [the other half of this blog] is currently preparing for exams and her sister's wedding! This is her last year of university, so plenty of pressure!  For now as you notice it is me writing, she will be back shortly so stay tune for some Michelle posts! But for now I hope you don't get tired of my "With Love & Grace" haha. Thank you all for reading!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I agree 100% I have to be honest and this is one of the reasons I'm not more open about my faith in God. People often associate God-believers with certain Christians that are pushy (to say the least). Anyways, thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, it was one of my greatest struggles as well. But I now understand that you can say your something and it doesn't mean anything, but showing the world something different and they get to see how an actual relationship with God changes a life instead of just routine religion, that's the most important part for me. Thank for reading and sharing your thoughts!

      Delete