Pages - Menu

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Don't Be Fooled By Prince Hans

If you know me you would know I am absolutely obsessed with the movie Frozen, for more than a couple of reasons. But as the title says, for the girls reading this, don't be fooled by the Prince Hans in your life. I've meet a couple of Prince Hans' in my life before I met Kristoff. In this post we aren't going to discuss the Kristoff's in your life or potential Kristoff's in your life. We are discussing the Prince Hans that is, or might show up in your life.

If you haven't seen the movie, first of, what are you doing with your life? Please go watch it. But this is going to be a big spoiler to the ones who haven't watched it, so if you don't like spoilers and are planning to watch the movie I suggest you opt out!

Now to those who don't mind spoilers (fun fact: I absolutely love spoilers) and have already seen the movie. Prince Hans wooed Princess Anna of Arendelle to marry her. He was cute, quirky, and handsome and she was ready for a man because her loneliness was overbearing. After a few incidents Anna was struck by ice by queen Elsa and it went to her heart. "Only an act of true love can thaw a frozen heart" - Grand Pabbie (Troll). So Kristoff and Olaf (the best snowman ever) took Anna back to Prince Hans, and when they were about to kiss the worst possible noise came out of his mouth, and it went like this;
"If only there were someone out there who loved you......But you, You were so desperate for love, you were willing to marry me, just like that"

My heart absolutely sank and I wanted him beheaded immediately! I felt her pain, I can only imagine the feeling of her heart dropping and when she said to Olaf, "I was wrong about him, he wasn't what I dreamed off" I connected. I was Anna before. So blinded by the shiny things and the pretty words of a man; it can really get to you. Now Anna was suffering from loneliness, and it always reminds me of a quote that says "love when you are ready, not when you are lonely." Now that quote speaks volumes, there's something about my generation that absolutely hates being lonely. I know, I grew up an only child so I understand the fear of potently ending up being lonely forever, you just don't want to.

You see that's the issue, when we are lonely we settle. Your Prince Hans probably isn't going after your throne or kingdom but maybe after your purity, brain, and worst of all your heart, and not in the "godly way" or even a respectable way in that manner. You know exactly the boys I'm talking about, the ones that don't know you in person but in private they are your boyfriend and they want to touch you like you're written in braille. The ones that have the sweetest words but their actions are bitter. The ones that you feel put in nothing for you, but you put your whole self on the line for them.

Even though Anna's heart was literally frozen, so were her emotions. She'd been rejected by her sister, someone she loved. So she wanted someone else to love her. Rejection is one of the worst things a human could ever experience. Once you feel rejected our first thing is to find something or someone who validates your work, love, or existence. So for Anna, the first person who showed love meant an automatic wedding. It seems funny when it's written down and read out loud but how many times have you imagined your self in a wedding dress with someone who just said you have nice shoes? That's a problem. Desperation for love can lead a women to the wrong places, I would know. The only place you find true love is in your Creators arms. In the movie, Queen Elsa and Kristoff kept telling Anna she couldn't marry him. You know when your family or friends tell you that someone may be good but just not good for you? Don't ignore it. We love to ignore the signs. Don't be fooled.

Anna's frozen heart was thawed because she saved her sister from death. This is the best part of the whole movie (besides the musical parts) because it shows how true love doesn't rely on a Prince to save your day. She had this misconception that her life was going to start on her wedding day, let me make this clear YOUR LIFE DOES NOT START ON YOUR WEDDING DAY OR THE DAY YOU FALL IN LOVE, it started when you were born!Your happiness and self love should never, and I repeat never, rely on another imperfect human but only in the one who is the Author of love; the perfect love.

So please girls, let's not fool ourselves into thinking we have a Kristoff when we really just have a Prince Hans in our hands and fooling ourselves to believe that the you in a relationship will be a better and happier version of you, because in all honestly and from personal experience you actually end up feeling lonelier. "Only true love can thaw a frozen heart." And the only true love who can thaw your heart, make you feel complete, loved and adored is Christ. He is your first love, because he knew you before anyone else did, he has dibs on you. Amen for that. So don't settle for less than what you deserve and don't let the cute words fill your head because they only leave a sour taste. 

"Promise me, O women of Jerusalem, not to awaken love until the time is right." Songs of Solomon 8:4

With Love & Grace- Diana C

4 comments:

  1. I just found your site on the Christian Women Bloggers Network and saw this link. I too love Frozen! I have seen it 3 times in the theater (one of them was the sing-along version). I love your insights here about the Prince Hans types. He's a sneaky one, eh? Thanks so much for sharing your link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello! Thank you for taking the time to read! Yes he was such a sneaky one! I couldn't believe it. Good thing the Lord calls us to guard our heart above all things! Have a blessed day!

      -Diana C

      Delete
  2. I love that you draw wisdom from anything. Excellent post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanessa! God definitely designed my brain to think outside the box, so I give all credit of wisdom to Him. I'm glad you liked it! :)

      Delete