Pages - Menu

Monday 10 March 2014

Stop the Glorification of Busy

 I'm busy. How many times a week have you caught yourself saying that? How many times a day? Now a days when you ask some on how they've been, a good 80% of the time you get a "oh I'm good, just been busy". Now if you're like me with work, school, church and household responsibilities, its pretty easy to get caught up in the busy game. It's begun to get in the way of things and we begin to "prioritize" our time. In my own experience, if I'm too busy I would usually cut out the time I had set out to read the bible. I would convince myself that I was too tired to read tonight, and that God would understand. God is merciful and He does understand, but overall He knows the intentions of your heart. I mean, if you were too tired to read a few bible verses before bed, but you weren't too tired to browse Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or any other social media, or if you still had the energy to text someone for another 30 minutes, then He knows. The intentions of your heart reflect through your actions, and your actions speak louder than your words.

"God would surely have known it, for he knows the secrets of every heart." Psalm 44:21 NLT
"Then he said to them, “You like to appear righteous in public, but God knows your hearts. What this world honors is detestable in the sight of God." Luke 16:15 NLT

I know that we hear it ALL the time, but I'm gonna say it one more time, just for the record. We need to get our priorities straight and put God first. It's no joke that we do. If you really put everything in order and let Him have His rightful spot in your heart (number 1 ahem) then everything slowly but surely begins to fall into place. It's a promise in the word that if you seek first the Kingdom everything else follows.

"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33

So if I seek God first and His kingdom and live righteously, then He will give me EVERYTHING I need? YUP, even time management skills (I could really use those sometimes).

A lot of the time we use "being busy" as an excuse to be lazy. I'm not saying that God will get mad at you, He loves you beyond belief and He understands. But for the sake of that love He has for us, we should really take the time to honor Him by seeking Him. Instead of cutting out your prayer time or bible time, try cutting out the things that have no benefit to you. Or simply just do it no matter how tired or busy you may be. It pays off and God see's the effort you put in, and He loves that. It's about time we STOP the glorification of busy, and do ourselves a favor and give Him the rightful place in our lives and hearts.

Lots of Love, Michelle♥

No comments:

Post a Comment