Pages - Menu

Saturday 15 February 2014

Love: In Three Words


This is going to be a very short post but since it was Valentine’s Day yesterday, why not talk about love. I made a decision that I was going to read the gospel of Jesus all over again but this time for each verse I was going to write something about it. A few days ago I was asked what love was to me, and my chapter for that day was Luke 23, the death of Jesus. The greatest sign of love is right there written very bluntly in that chapter. But what caught my attention was Luke 23:42:

“Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.” “

That is love. It is messy, crazy, and scandalous. That a criminal was asking REMEMBER ME when you come into your kingdom and Jesus basically said “no worries bro it’s your kingdom too, you will be with me” I don’t know about you but that just gets me so excited about love and life. To know that even in the darkest of my days I still have Jesus to say “You will be with me in paradise, NO MATTER WHAT”




In Genesis 2:7 it says,
“Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.”


And in Mark 15:27 it says,
“With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last.”
God is a divine entity, He is not human therefore He doesn’t have a sex, organs or any humanly thing we possess. God didn’t have lungs; he never had the dependency to live off breathing. So isn’t it interesting that in Genesis it says he BREATHED life into the man. That just speaks so clearly to me, God’s FIRST breath was given to ME. In John Jesus breathed his last breath on a cross, again for whom? Oh yeah, ME. So the first breath of God was for me, and the last breath of Jesus was also for me. Knowing me, if I was going to have to give my first breath to someone and my last, I’m going to pick someone off the charts, like Mother Teresa. It would be an honour to be held responsible for giving her the breath of life, twice. But God (my favourite phrase is BUT GOD) gave His breath for me, you, that weed smoker and that prostitute. He loves that he is responsible for giving the breath of life to every single one of us, He's proud of us, even when we give Him nothing in return. That’s called Agape love; selfless LOVE. 


As you all know Jesus died on the cross on Skull Mountain and 3 days later he rose again (woohoo). For those 3 days he was fighting for everyone on this earth, he was fighting for sin and humanity; and he won. It took 3 days, and isn't it funny how “I love you” has 3 words in it also? And not only “I love you” but every other statement that my Jesus uses to say I am loved:

You are redeemed
You are saved
You are healed
You are adored
You are forgiven
You are free.

This is real passionate crazy love.




With Love & Grace- Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment