Pages - Menu

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Breaking Up With Your Comfort Zone

Comfort. Who doesn't like being comfortable. It's easy, it's something were used to. You don't have to face change, and the things that come with it. It's simple. And I'm not talking about the kind of comfort like relaxing after a long day, or how comfortable your shoes are. I mean the big stuff. Those things in life that you're afraid of doing. Whether it be public speaking (like me) or something bigger.
When we're trapped in our comfort zone, it's a place of security because there are no imposing threats to it. For me, public speaking is something that has been, and is hard for me to do. But I'm working on getting out of that comfort that I've placed myself in. God calls us to be bold and courageous because after all, He IS with us at all times. God says He will never forsake us; that means when your trembling with fear because youre trying something new. Even when we ask God "Send someone else, anyone but me" He kindly looks at us and reminds us of His power and might. One of my favorite bible passages is that of Moses in Egypt. Moses was terrified!

"But Moses pleaded with the Lord , “O Lord, I’m not very good with words. I never have been, and I’m not now, even though you have spoken to me. I get tongue-tied, and my words get tangled.” Then the Lord asked Moses, “Who makes a person’s mouth? Who decides whether people speak or do not speak, hear or do not hear, see or do not see? Is it not I, the Lord ? Now go! I will be with you as you speak, and I will instruct you in what to say.” Exodus 4: 10-12 NLT

How many times have we passed up an opportunity because we were afraid, or we thought we weren't equipped for it. It's funny because God wants you out of your comfort zone, so He will tug at a specific area of your life. If you keep reading the rest of the passage you see that Moses really wasn't having it and he pleaded to have someone else be the speaker. So God chose Aaron. I don't know about you, but I don't want fear to stop me from living out the plan that God has for me. So it's time to be uncomfortable;  to run away from the all too familiar and to run into the unknown. Something new. All it really is is an opportunity for growth. Reach for it!

It's time we realize that we can really do all things through Christ. That means it won't be with your strength but His. Its time to breakup with our comfort zone because it really gets you nowhere. You are not free when you're in that zone because something will always hold you back. You say you want to go deeper in a relationship with God, but you're stuck in your little bubble, when He wants you to go deeper. If you have to be a little uncomfortable in the process,  so be it, because in the end you will have gained so much more than you could have ever imagined. Just remember, even though it may be scary, you are NOT alone.

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine dresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing."  John 15:1-5

Dear Comfort Zone,
....It's over.

♥ Lots of Love, Michelle ♥

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so true, and most people know this is true and still opt for comfort!! I know I have. I'm going through this right now! Thanks for the post :) its absolutely the push you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for reading! Trust me when I say Your are not the only one. I'm going through this right now myself, and we have to keep going and push ourselves, and trust that by the grace of God we will succeed in escaping the comfort zone. Hope this post has helped you even a little bit :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete