Pages - Menu

Monday 17 February 2014

In Unity there is Strength

I hope everyone is having a great day today! So today is Family Day in Ontario, a day that no-one has to work and you get to take a day to enjoy your family. It's pretty great actually; no school or work, late breakfast, hanging out watching movies all day. Its pretty sweet. But just like valentines day, we shouldn't take just one or two days out of 365 to express our love and how much we care for one another, especially our families. The way I see it, if God only waited until the holidays to love us then we would be in trouble, lost, most likely dead somewhere. God doesn't wait for a special occasion to love on us, nor does He take a holiday from loving us. So why should we? God calls us to be united, and to love one another. I'm guilty of not expressing my love for my friends and family every day, but I'm trying. Take the time to show those you care for how much they really mean to you! You never know how much they might need to hear it.

"The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences."
Proverbs 18:21 NLT


Use your words for good and not evil! Often times we use our words to break people more often than to build them up. Absolutely everyone has said something that has hurt someone they love; its inevitable. But what I believe is that you can make it right. Apologize and take responsibility for your words and actions. Replace those hurtful words with words that edify and bring hope and love. I challenge you to be more mindful of your words and how much they can truly affect a persons day. So use your words to build stronger relationships rather than tearing them down.

"Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace. For there is one body and one Spirit, just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future. There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father, who is over all and in all and living through all." Ephesians 4:2-6 NLT

This passage is so good! I love it! It shows me the basic instructions for us to live in unity. It calls for us to be humble, gentle, patient and to make an active EFFORT. Woah! Does that mean I have to actually make time for my family? (at home and even our families in Christ) Does that mean I have to put aside my differences and try to make things work? Does that mean I have to apologize even if something wasn't my fault? Yes, yes and YES! We play a very active role in a family. Both at home and at church. Everyone is vital to Gods kingdom, and everyone; big or small, young or old plays an important role in the body of Christ.

"Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function, so it is with Christ’s body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other."
Romans 12:4-5 NLT

It's pretty clear, am I right? So God calls us to unity, to love, and to work together. I think a lot of the time we let others take the responsibility to make a change. But I think its time we give ourselves a little more credit.  You can make a huge difference. If you don't feel like you are loved, start to show love to others, if you feel like there is no unity, take a bold step and begin to show love, patience and all the steps that bring us closer to being united.  Show those around you how much you love them in a Christ-like way. We often forget to express our feelings, especially since we may be so wrapped up in life. Just take a moment and do it. You wont lose anything. 
 
With lots of love, Michelle ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment