Pages - Menu

Monday 21 April 2014

You Don't Have To Do It Alone

So, I'm sure you all know how much me and Diana love the movie Frozen . It's so bad, like I catch myself singing the soundtrack all the time, and I really have no shame in it(yeah, I'm a total dork like that). When I was first watching the movie a while back, I came to notice Elsa in the song "For the First Time in Forever". She plays a small part in the song, but a big part in my opinion. She may not be the main focus of the song like her sister Ana is, but the little words she contributes are pretty monumental, and I think that it can really relate to many of us.

"Conceal, don't feel, put on a show, make one wrong move and everyone will know."

When I first heard this, I thought to myself, wow, I totally know what she's talking about. It's always been a hassle for me to talk about my feelings and emotions, and the issues I go through at that. I was always really good at putting on a smile when that was the last thing I wanted to be doing. Yeah, I don't have powers to be able to make snow, ice, or build a snowman (I have to do that the old fashioned way), but I have felt that I had to put on a show, to hide my true emotions for the benefits of others. I would always feel that if I opened up to someone about something that is really hurting me, that it would be a burden they wouldn't want to deal with.
Like we see in the movie, the answer isn't to endure those issues on your own. Even though it was much too late in the movie, the answer of true love comes in and is revealed. When someone is hurting, a lot of the time they just need someone to listen, to show that they care and that they are there for them.
"Love thaws"
First of all, the greatest love of all is always there to comfort us in times of sadness and pain. The love of Jesus, who IS love. And sometimes, we may know that Jesus loves us, that he is there for us, but still manage to feel alone. That's why God puts people in our lives; to make our lives better. I can truly say that God has put Diana in my life to be there for my ups and downs, the good times and the bad. As my best friend, she has shown me over the years that its okay to not be perfect. That its okay to have a bad day and to want to cry. It's okay to be in a vulnerable in friendship. Giving up your insecurities, your deepest secrets to a friend who is there to listen and to help you along the way. They are there to cheer you on, and believe in you when you don't even believe in yourself. Like it says in Proverbs 17:17:
"A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need."
 
Even when we aren't loyal to ourselves, a good friend will be. No matter how much we put ourselves down or how alone we feel. God has placed those friendships that I like to call "strategic friendships" for a purpose...to prove us wrong every time.
All I know is that I'm not alone, and I never will be. That's why you have to surround yourself with godly people. These are the people that will encourage you when you are down, and give you an uplifting word when you need it most. I'm glad to say I have a handful of great friends who I can count on in that sense (y'all know who you are♡) and I can truly say that when the greatest love of ALL time shines through someone, there is no heart too frozen, because love thaws. As cheesy as it sounds, it is so true. Let the love of Jesus shine through in your life and let the transformation begin. You will be so surprised! So I leave you with one of my favorite bible verses which was the inspiration to start this blog. It speaks on the power of friendship, and is so powerful.

"Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken." Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 NLT

With love, Michelle ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment