Pages - Menu

Monday 14 April 2014

I Am Who He Says I Am



I am who He say's I am. Now, let’s be real here. We can say the phrase all we want. I am who God says I am. We can say it and say it, but deep down, we don't believe it. We're too caught up with our own negative thoughts about ourselves. "I've done this, I'm too (insert negative comment here)". I've been listening to Pastor Steven Furtick’s series on Crash the Chatterbox(check it out if you already haven’t! totally worth it!). To summarize , it talks about how often times we get too tangled up in our own thoughts or "chatter" and that holds us back, because we begin to listen to the chatter more than what God says about us.
I can tell you that this chatter has been present in my life, and it always will be, because it’s an everyday battle that you have to fight against. It may not be easy, but we are fully equipped to do so! We have Gods word, and through this we can find what God says about us! Not what society says about you, not what your boss says about you, not what your teacher says about you, and not what the enemy says about you. GOD, it’s about what God says about you! It's the only thing worth listening to.


The chatter says you are so filthy in sin, that you can't be forgiven....God says you ARE forgiven.  
Matthew 26:28
The chatter says no one loves you....God says "I love you!"  
John 3:16
The chatter says you were born without a purpose....God says you have a purpose! Ephesians 1:11
The chatter says you are worthless....God says you are full of worth and value! 
          Matthew 10:31                  
The Chatter says you are ugly….God says you are beautiful!  
Song of Solomon 4:7
The chatter says you are weak.... God says he gives you the strength. 
Phillipians 4:13 
The chatter says you are alone....God says you are never alone.  
                                      Deutoronomy31:6                                           
The chatter says you are rejected….God says  you are accepted!  
        Romans 15:7                 
 The chatter says you are a captive….God says you are set free! 
Galatians 5:1
I am who He says I am…I am a child of God!  
John 1:12

I am who God says I am. I am defined by Him and no other. What society wants to say about who I am is irrelevant because I've found my true identity in Christ. It can be hard to silence your own thoughts, but when you look for the truths that God has spoken over your life, it makes it a whole lot easier. It's about time that we realize that sometimes our biggest enemy is comfortably sitting in our own heads. I don't know about you, but I'm sick and tired of letting my own negative thoughts get the best of me. It's time to fight back! Defeat the lies with the truth! I am who HE says I am.

“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” Phillipians 4:8
 With Love, Michelle ♥

Ps. I'm back! Hopefully you guys didn't miss me too much! I know that you guys had some really great reads thanks to my bestie Diana. Just so you know, I'm gonna be posting a lot more than she is in the next little bit. She's getting crazy busy just as I did. 

4 comments:

  1. I love this! Everything you mention is so true, but I'm hardly aware of it. What a great affirmation too: "I am who God says I am'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! That's how the chatter works, and indeed it is! Thanks for reading Vanessa, and I'm glad you liked it! -Michelle♥

      Delete
  2. I love Pst Steven! and the chatterbox series was such an inspiration!
    I daily confess what God says I am, so when the chatterbox starts up, I can attack right back!
    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Abidemi! It's definitely something that we should all begin to make constant in our lives, confess what He has professed over our lives. Thanks for reading! :) - Michelle♥

      Delete