Pages - Menu

Thursday 17 April 2014

Guest Post: Rise Strong In Faith And The Flesh Will Follow By Diego Andres Lucero

Hey everyone! I'm excited for today's post! About a month ago I asked a dear friend of ours, Diego, if he would like to write a guest post and he actually said yes! Now I am actually super happy he waited until this long to finally finish his post or else we wouldn't have this amazing testimony of what occurred to him this week. "In sickness and in health" shouldn't be just vows to your partner but it should be your number one vow to your life partner, God! Remember our Prayer -The World's Greatest Wireless Connection post? Well this is just a taste of what prayer can do and why it is in fact our best WiFi system ever! And with out further or do, here is Diego.
With Love & Grace -Diana C
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Monday afternoon, April 14, a fever slowly arouse in my body. As the night approached the fever elevated as high as 40 degrees C lasting several hours. Stomach pain and headaches tormented me through this time. Tuesday morning I was submitted to the emergency room for tests. The doctors found inflammation of the colon due to an aggressive bacterium called salmonella. As I stayed overnight in the emergency room I tried avoiding the pain and discomfort by watching a sermon by pastor Bill Johnson on the sovereignty of God where he covered part of Acts 12. It dawned on me how important and powerful prayer through family and community can be…

Acts 12: 1-10 (Summarized)  - James, brother of John, was ordered to be killed by King Herod. He was executed by sword. Because it pleased Jewish public opinion he decided it was a good idea to imprison Peter as well, and have him executed. After having captured Peter, Herod threw him in prison guarded by sixteen soldiers and was expected to be executed in front of the people after Passover. So Peter was kept in prison, BUT the church PRAYED ERNESTLY to God for him. The night before the execution an angel of the lord appeared and led him. Unseen by the soldiers Peter and the angel arrived at a gate that led to the city. The gate opening by itself allowed peter to walk through it. Walking a certain length the angel left Peter and he was therefore delivered from death

Notice the difference in outcome for James compared to Peter, one destination was death and the other life!  There is no mention of prayer for James, (although I am sure there must have been someone praying for poor James), the bible emphasizes and only mentions persistent prayer for Peter by the “church”- believers of Jesus Christ. This part of scripture emphasizes the POWER of prayer through community in the body of Christ. 

As I fell asleep I meditated on this teaching and scripture. When I awoke I found my phone bombarded with text messages from people from my church and close friends, showing compassion by keeping me in prayer. I was truly overwhelmed with blessings and love from all of those who texted.  My bro Ken, a youth leader at the church I attend to, even stopped by and prayed for me. 
My fever, which had not come down from the day before, finally leaked out in sweat and my lungs felt opened and a fresh breath seemed to fill them.  

Later on the doctor said to my mother, “your son must have a very strong immune system for him not to be showing worse symptoms”.  Little did he know that it was prayer and the love of God expressed through my church family that was empowering my immune system. I was sent home that very day to have a speedy recovery. As of now I feel a million times better and stronger in my faith! For all of those who kept me in prayer, I thank and honor you for letting the love of God shine through you. Just as my family was with me every moment the spirit of your prayers was felt every moment. The compassion showed through all who prayed really emphasized the teaching and instilled in me a wisdom which is hard to describe in words. At most all I can say is this:

Although we know that no sickness comes from God, he can use our situation to guide us to a deeper level of understanding of his word through divine encounters. My brothers and sisters do not let your faith be waivered in times of tribulations.  Let every hit from this world that knocks you down be an opportunity for you to come back stronger in faith. 

James 1:3 – For you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance
Let us hold steadfast to the promise of who He is and what His will is:

Mathew 6:10 -Your Kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven
We know there is no sickness in the kingdom of Heaven, no death, and no poverty. So let us proclaim His goodness even in times of sickness for this is faith in action.
And if anything we should remember this:

2 Corinthians 12:9 - But he said to me “My Grace is all you need. My power is made perfect in weakness”. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses so that Christ’s power may rest on me

Where and when we are weak He is STRONG!

Keep fighting the good fight!

Much love,

Diego Andres Lucero

2 comments:

  1. Very nice :) Thanks Diana & Michelle for allowing my brother's testimony on your amazing blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana C and Michelle A17 April 2014 at 11:10

    It was a pleasure having him guest post on our blog! You two are awesome! Thanks for commenting and reading Vanessa! :)

    ReplyDelete