Pages - Menu

Friday 11 April 2014

The Thought Doesn't Count


You see, there was this girl on the bus
Dark skin, curly hair. Elementary age girl
Wiggling in her seat, uncomfortable in her own skin
I know because I battle the same war

Scars. 
All over her hands. 
Scratch marks and cigarette burns.
She tries to cover them with her left hand
Black hoodie, 
Mourning soul

I should have told her she was beautiful
I should have told her God loves her
I should have told her her scars are beautiful

But I didn't

It's the thought that counts right?
Well no it doesn't count at all

Being brave is a lot tougher than it looks.
God's love is much too great and amazing,
that how dare I keep my mouth shut.

But I'm learning
And I won't be quiet anymore

And you shouldn't be either.

With Love & Grace- Diana

P.s. Michelle is back and the next couple of posts will be all her! It has been a pleasure, don't miss me too much! I'll be back soon :) Blessings to you all!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE!!!
    The thought only goes so far! it's time to be bold!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you read it and enjoyed it!!
      Yes, time to be bold and inspire :)
      -Diana C

      Delete