Pages - Menu

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Knowing the Bible and knowing the Author are two very different things


So in continuation, to building  a strong relationship with God we all have to make an effort to the the second step: reading the word! This is probably the step that is the most important yet challenging for people because the bible can be complicated and difficult to understand. I know that in my life, reading the bible was something that didn't catch my interest all that much. I didn't understand it, I ultimately thought it was the most boring thing I could have ever laid my eyes on. Naturally, this is the reality that most people face when it comes to reading the word of God. This really has to change! It's pretty sad seeing how lost this generation can be when they have the answers right in front of them. We tend to ask where is God, why can't I hear Him? Why doesn't He answer me? And I can only imagine Him standing in front of you scratching his head and pointing to the bible. These are His words, promises and answers to you. The bible is something that I've learned has an answer to everything and I mean EVERYTHING. But for you to obtain these answers you just have to take the time to read it. And I mean really read it, not just skimming through it 1, 2, 3 and you're done. I mean setting a time and forgetting about everything else in this world that worries you and meditating on HIS word for you. Thinking about what you're reading, and applying every promise and every word for comfort to your life. His word is meant to change you, and it will.


"Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do." -Joshua 1:8


It literally it says that if you meditate on the word, meaning going deeper into it's meaning and OBEY...that's a big one, that you will succeed in ALL that you do. I don't know about you but I want to succeed in everything I do. God gave the world the key to succeeding. How amazing is that? But how can we know of Gods promises for our lives if we can't spend time getting to know Him in the word that He himself has given us. I think its time that we develop a hunger and a passion for the word. Not in a way that is selfish, as to only acquire things such as blessing and success, but to really get to know and fall in LOVE with our Creator. Everything else will fall into place if you seek God. One of the things that has helped me fall in love with the word of God is starting by the book of Matthew. Reading all about Jesus, there's something about falling in love with the Son that makes you want to go back and read about times before the Son. It honestly makes you want to know why they call him Son of David and all of his descents. Reading the gospel will open a whole new desire to reading times before Jesus. You can relate to the Old Testament believe it or not, they were waiting for a messiah to come, aren't we waiting for Him to come back too?

"Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world."- James 4:8


So if you really make the decision that you want to be closer to God, and that you want to go deeper in your relationship with Him, I encourage you to fall in love with the word. Let there be a passion ignited within you that desires to know more.

My people perish from a lack of knowledge. - Hosea 4: 6
LOVE - MICHELLE

1 comment:

  1. Loveeee this! This has been on my heart for a while now. Reading and meditating are two very different things indeed and it's amazing how much of a difference it makes when you meditate on His word and suddenly you fall in love with Him all over again!

    ReplyDelete