Pages - Menu

Wednesday 15 January 2014

The girls behind the blog!


 This is about us; the girls behind the blog.

Welcome everyone! This is definitely something new and exciting we are doing, a blog! We are definitely not your typical blogger girls but when you need and want to share the good news that is Jesus Christ in this century, social media seems to be the way to go! Plus writing is so much fun and writing with your best friend? well that is just the icing on the cake. So this is us:

I am Diana (no nickname for me). I love food, actually the word love is sort of an understatement. I am quite shy around brand new people (they sort of scare me lol). I am a lover of my saviour Jesus and of all His wonders. I prefer to stay in my bed than go out and I can last years without painting my nails (I know I know, I'm bad). I seriously dislike coffee, I'm a tea girl for sure. If I could live in a farm full of animals and 120 puppies I would, but my boyfriend says that's a no no. Which leads to another fact that I am in a relationship with an amazing Godly man for 2 1/2 year now. I have slight shopping addiction, everyone says it's major but they don't know what they are talking about. My obsession for cake out of this world.

Now to the other half and how we started this friendship:

 My name is Michelle (but everyone calls me Michy) and I'm a psychology major who loves Jesus, loves to bake all kinds of goodies, and absolutely loves coffee way more than it's recommended. I usually make a lot of jokes, some of which may or may not be funny, but that's just who I am. I definitely have an artistic side, I love to sing, I was even in school choirs and a worship team at a church I attended. I also love to paint; I was in a few school art shows. Music is my safe haven on those crazy days.
I love a good laugh and good company; which is why I have to tell you the story of how my best friend Diana and I met.  It really goes to show how different we really are, but I wouldn't have it any other way. To make the story short, I met Diana at church when she first arrived to Canada from Florida (we were both 15! so little). Me being my very outgoing and hyper self-approached the very reserved and not easily approachable Diana, and well...I'm pretty sure she thought I was the most annoying person on this planet. But hey look at us now. Closer than ever and going strong. In the end, I think that you don't have to be the exact same to be friends. And a little variety is always good. Something that Diana and I share is our love for Jesus, that's something we can agree on. That and cake.
P.S. The name of the blog came from Ecclesiastes 4:9-12:

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labour: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.  Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?  Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

And with that, I hope you enjoy our little letters to life on this blog.


With love and peace - Michelle & Diana

1 comment:

  1. Well hello there strangers ;) Glad to have some fellow friends in the blogging world! Bless you guys so much and I hope you can reach many people.

    ReplyDelete