Pages - Menu

Saturday 18 January 2014

Fear....a Trust Issue?



  I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one out there who's been afraid. Afraid of a multitude of things in this lifetime. Personally, I was so hooked on fear that it was starting to dominate over me, not letting me live my life the way I should. Now that's taking it too far I think. Of course, nobody's perfect and I'm still afraid of things such as public speaking (everyone's usually surprised by this one), but its something that I trust God will deliver me from slowly, but surely.
     But if there's something that I've learned over time it's that fear is a trust issue. Yeah, that sounds kind of weird right? Let me explain. I've come to realize that when you are afraid and fearful, it is because you aren't trusting God with the issue. There's this little thing called having faith, which is something that lacks if you are allowing fear to control your life.To overcome fear is to surrender it all to God. Like it says in  Philippians 4:6-7:
"Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
    If you allow God to take control of your fear then what makes you think He won't? He will give you that overwhelming peace that surpasses all of our understanding. Who doesn't want that?! I mean really? But we have to understand that there are implications to this. God wants you to do your part too! Don't just wait around for Him to make your feelings of fear magically disappear. It doesn't work that way. You have to make an effort yourself to be more trusting of God, meaning you have to seek Him, and get to know Him for who He really is; a loving Father!


There are a few things that I think really help you to overcome fear. 


1) Prayer
If you haven't experienced the power of prayer, I encourage you to go deeper. Dedicate time to this because prayer is the key in this battle. God promises us in Matthew 7.7 :
“Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you."
Put it into practice and be amazed by Gods glory! I dare you.

2) Read the Word
This one seems like a no brainer.  Read the word and you can really learn a lot about Jesus and the Father. But something that I've come to realize is that the enemy has NO new tricks. So recognizing the attack of the enemy against your life gives you an advantage and an opportunity to use the word to overcome.

3) Counsel
Put up your hand if you've ever been that type of person who thought they could do everything on their own without needing anyone's help. Yeah I was that person for far too long. I'm almost 100% sure that God put people on this planet so that we could help each other out and flee from isolation. So tell someone you trust about what you're going through; someone who is on higher spiritual grounds than you are. I promise you, God will use them to give you words of comfort and wisdom.

4) Worship  
Chains are broken during worship.  Its a time where you can completely let go of whats bothering you, and wholeheartedly give it up to God. Worship is a time to set an atmosphere to let the Holy Spirit do His work. Surrender it all and trust God!

    Essentially what I want is for you all to walk in the freedom that Jesus has given us. His love overcomes all things, and He is GREATER than any and every fear that exists. So why not go out on a limb and surrender all fear within you up to Jesus? There's really nothing to lose. All you do is gain! Learn to trust God with everything that you are, every inch of your being; all fears included, and walk out in the love that is Christ. I pray that God will set you free of all fear that is trying to dominate over your life, and that the love and peace of God may just overflow in your lives! 


Written by Michelle♡


No comments:

Post a Comment